By John Millington Ward
A convention e-book for college students of English at intermediate and complex degrees.
Read Online or Download 100 Useful Exercises in English (Penguin English) PDF
Similar english as a second language books
Language coverage is all approximately offerings. while you're bilingual or plurilingual, you want to decide upon which language to exploit. no matter if you converse just one language, you have got offerings of dialects and types. a few of these offerings are the results of administration, reflecting awake and particular efforts by means of language managers to manage the alternatives.
This can be a useful consultant for lecturers on find out how to pick out, organise and train vocabulary to all degrees of scholars. It discusses the linguistic and mental theories correct to vocabulary studying, describes with transparent examples conventional and present equipment of presentation and perform, and indicates methods of assessing and supplementing the vocabulary part of coursebooks.
Mr Hyde has a daunting, gruesome personality. Why, then, is the sincere Dr Jekyll such solid acquaintances with him? Mr Utterson attempts to determine the key energy Mr Hyde has over Dr Jekyll yet then Sir Danvers Carew is murdered and Mr Hyde disappears - or does he? As Mr Utterson attempts to discover the solutions to those questions, he learns the bad mystery of Dr Jekyll's risky experiments.
A source publication of photocopiable actions for specific days within the yr. The ebook of Days is a source ebook of photocopiable abilities fabric established round specific days of the yr. The ebook is essentially geared toward adults and teenagers and gives a convenient addition to any direction via supplying: * 30 versatile actions that includes leading edge dialogue texts and a number of initiatives designed to stimulate dialog and whilst tell newcomers of the origins and customs of global fairs * exact teacher's notes with important historical past information regarding the times and proposals for differentiation * real listening fabric delivering newcomers with first-hand bills of worldwide fairs.
- How to Teach Business English
- Flash on English: Cooking, Catering and Reception
- English Idioms in Use (Advanced), 1st Edition
- First Certificate Gold, Practice Exams
Extra resources for 100 Useful Exercises in English (Penguin English)
Embezzlement 34 © A&C Black Publishers Ltd 2007. For reference see Easier English Dictionary for Students (978 07475 6624 3). Start by reading through the sentences below. Then take one word from the box on the left and combine this with one from the box on the right to make a collocation. ) Then try to match your combinations with the spaces in the sentences below: force of ț abstract ț err on at regular ț imposed ț within a lines ț crisis of legitimate ț ț research perpetrated a ban concern ț crimes ț thought confidence gravity ț ț ț intersect ț intervals Unit Five 5f – Make a collocation institutes ț radius the side of caution 1.
7. There are so many aircraft using Heathrow Airport these days that the noise is almost incessant / eternal. 8. Recent tests show that girls are getting higher scores / results than boys in most school subjects. 9. The creditors / debtors of a company are those individuals or organisations to whom that company owes money. 10. The defendant is allowed to discuss / confer with his/her lawyer before and during the trial. 11. Before the election, all the main political parties tried to explain their main policy / line to the voters through television broadcasts and newspaper advertisements.
11. As a result of the revolution of 1917, the royal family and the ___________________ in Russia were overthrown and a communist government was installed. 12. Many political scientists argue that it is impossible to have a truly modern economy without ___________________ and a more open society. 13. In the USA, citizens can ______________________ the right to silence if they do not want to answer a question in court. 7b – Choose the right word In each of the sentences below, decide which word in bold more suitable 1.